Susan turner appointed to lead CART
As of March 5th 2018, Susan Turner will lead Consultancy, Advocacy, and Research Trust (CART), the Wellington headquartered charity with a long history and national reputation for working with the so-called ‘hard-to-reach’, notably gangs and disaffected inner city youth.
“We are delighted to have Susan leading our team,” said CART Chair John Wareham. “She is a proven chief executive who has successfully worked within the machinery of government at ministerial level. She has engaged NGOs and diverse stakeholders to deliver innovative services for disadvantaged population groups, not just in Aotearoa New Zealand, but also in Australia; she also travelled extensively, learning from the United Kingdom, Canadian and North American health and social systems.
“In addition to her years as chief executive of Queensland’s Cape York Hospital, Susan was also chief executive of Wellington’s South East and City PHO, and manager of Tuakana Services for the Porirua City Council. She has a deep understanding, empathy, and talent for addressing the needs of our niche market.”
Taumarunui born, Ms. Turner and attended Forest View High School in Tokoroa. She is a member of the Australian Institute of Directors, and a graduate of the London Business School, Senior Executive Development Programme.
PRECIS BIO: SUSAN TURNER
- A proven leader who has successfully engaged NGOs and diverse stakeholders to deliver innovative strategies and services, with a key focus on improvement of outcomes for disadvantaged population groups in New Zealand, Australia, the United Kingdom, and North America.
- Skilled in planning and managing human, financial and capital resources; has provided key input into complex policy and operational issues at national and regional level.
- Has engaged and developed strong and trusted strategic relationships with diverse stakeholders, service partners and agencies.
- Has navigated complex relationships in communities and providers of interest to bring about collaborative initiatives and transform delivery improvements.
- Has worked within the machinery of government and with Ministers while managing complexities with key stakeholders within the private sector.
- Consultant WAI 1315 Claimant Group – Waitangi Tribunal Inquiry Health Services and Outcomes
- General Manager Hauora Coalition, Auckland
- Chief Executive, Te Putahitanga O Te Waipounamu (South Island Whanau Ora Commission Agency)
- Chief Executive, Queensland Health, Cape York Hospital And Health Service, Australia
- Chief Executive, Harbour Health (Primary Health Organisation & Comprehensive Health Services) Ltd, North Shore, Auckland.
- Chief Executive, South East And City PHO, Newtown, Wellington.
- Manager, Tuakana Services, Porirua City Council
- Manager Management Systems - He Kamaka Oranga. Auckland DHB
- Manager, Ministry of Social Policy
- Manager, Mental Health Service, CCDHB.
- Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Senior Executive Development Programme, London Business School
- Born and raised in Taumarunui , attended Forest View High School.
- Softball Coach, avid sports fan
- · Wellington Based (Tawa).